An online course for students and young professionals who want to start a career in the event management industry.
The course How to Get into the Event Industry is for students and young professionals who want to break into the event management industry and start their career in events.
The events industry is extremely vast and incredibly competitive, taking this course will give you guidance on the best ways to stand out and get the job as well as give students an insight into the industry itself. We will also lift the lid on what employers are actually looking for.
There is video, audio and slides as well as reading chapters and exercises that will guide you through the four key sections: How to Stand Out, Getting that Job, Understanding your Industry and What Employers Want.
By the end of the course you will have have the clarity, confidence and strategies for breaking into the industry and starting your career.
What are the requirements?
- All you need is an interest in the events industry.
- Over 33 lectures and 2 hours of content!
- Understand more about who you are and be able to communicate that with confidence
- You will have the clarity and focus to apply for more effective job search
- You will learn about creating your CV, preparing for interviews and building experience
- You will learn how to grow your professional network and network effectively
- By the end of the course you will have a better understanding of the events industry
- You will be equipped a knowledge of the business basics – giving you a head start in the world of work
- This course will offer you an exclusive insight into what employers are looking for from people like you
What is the target audience?
- Students who are looking to start a career in the events industry
- Young professionals who are working but still need guidance on finding direction and understanding the industry
|Section 1: Getting Started|
Getting Started: A quick guide to getting the most out of the course
|Section 2: How to Stand Out|
A Message from Catherine
The Unavoidable Truths of your Career
A First Look at your Professional DNA
Exercise: Professional DNA
Exercise: Finding your Focus
7 Strategies for Successful Personal Marketing
Exercise: Brand You
|Section 3: Getting the Job You Want|
A Message from Paul
Networking: Face to Face
Building Experience: Volunteering
Building Experience: Competitions
Building Experience: Internships
|Section 4: Understanding your Industry|
A Message from Paul
Why have events?
Types of Event
Types of Organisations
Size of Industry
Understanding the Money
Glossary of Event Terms
|Section 5: What Employers Want|
Early September Edition
|Section 6: Course Wrap Up|
Visited 334 times, 1 Visit today